Rsync and FAT32

Panos Katergiathis eyeprotocol@gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 20:41:00 GMT 2011

Thank you for your polite reply.
The issue at hand is of a more generic nature and (if Google is any witness) is rather old. I am referring to the well known problem of cygwin (at least, when rsync is used) not properly handling NTFS permissions, thus resulting in folders and files that are no longer deletable, therefore updatable, therefore usable.
I thought that, by using a FAT32 partition, perhaps permissions would no longer be a problem. Is this a valid thought?
I doubt that no-one in the list was never faced with a similar situation. If so, i would deeply appreciate knowledge of an rsync alternative.

Kind Regards
Panos