Broken autoconf mmap test

Eric Blake eblake@redhat.com
Tue Mar 22 21:45:00 GMT 2011

On 03/20/2011 02:51 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> What's the status of the broken autoconf mmap test, which always fails
> on Cygwin even though Cygwin has a working mmap?

Autoconf 2.65 and newer do not have the bug.  But packages still exist
where configure was generated with < 2.65, so these packages still have
the bug unless you either rerun newer autoconf, or pre-seed the cache.

> Was this ever resolved?  I see that cygport is still using the workaround
>
>   export ac_cv_func_mmap_fixed_mapped=yes

This workaround is still necessary, as long as there are still packages
that don't run autoreconf and where configure was generated with a
too-old autoconf.