Is it okay to delete Cygwin (mirror) download directories?

Olumide 50295@web.de
Sun May 8 00:32:00 GMT 2011

Hi -

Over the years I've updated my gotten my Cygwin fix from a number of
mirrors each one of which has left a massive download directory (in
excess of 700Mb) on my hard disk. For example:

ftp%3a%2f%2flinux.rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de%2fcygwin
http%3a%2f%2fftp.uni-kl.de%2fpub%2fwindows%2fcygwin%2f
http%3a%2f%2fftp.gwdg.de%2fpub%2flinux%2fsources.redhat.com%2fcygwin%2f

Now I'm running out of HD space I'm looking to reclaim some of that
space. Is it okay to delete some or all of these directories? I'm
concerned that the Cygwin setup program uses one of these folders to
determine what programs I've currently got installed.

Thanks,

- Olumide