can modify file on network drive, but cannot create files

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Wed May 11 07:35:00 GMT 2011

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thanks a lot for your email!
>
> The remote server runs Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.
>
> I have not exceeded the quota.
>
> Cygwin cannot delete files on H in both root and sub directories.
>
> Xianwen
OK, in your first message you wrote you can delete but not create files
which would have been strange.
That you can neither delete nor create files (but still existing files)
is actually more normal (in terms of Unix-like permission).
Just check the permissions of the directory, they should include write
access for you. If you are the owner, you can easily change that with
chmod +w /cygdrive/h. If you are not the owner of your own network
directory, ask your server administrator to fix that.
------
Thomas