setup and mintty (was Re: New setup.exe release?)

Ryan Johnson ryanjohn@ece.cmu.edu
Wed May 25 18:05:00 GMT 2011

On 25/05/2011 12:55 PM, Andy Koppe wrote:
> On 25 May 2011 17:13, Ryan Johnson wrote:

>>> Liberation Mono should get a mention too. It is hinted for the small font
>>> sizes, great for those who prefer old-style crisp hinted glyphs. I use it on
>>> mintty for Cygwin.
>>>
>> How do you get mintty to see Liberation Mono? I downloaded the family from
>> redhat, installed it on my w7-x64 machine, made sure it was set to 'show,'
>> and started a fresh mintty, but it still can't find the font.
> Works for me, on w7-x64. Make sure the font shows up in the Fonts
> control panel and that it isn't hidden, i.e. not appearing greyed out.
> There's a 'Show' button along the top of the panel in case it is.
I tried to say before that I have done that (I saw the closed bug about
this and made sure to follow the instructions there). Unchecking that
setting about language-specific hiding made a whole bunch of other
(presumably Asian) fonts show up in mintty, but still no Liberation Mono.

The font is officially installed, officially showing, and usable by just
about everything except mintty. Most apps (like Word) picked it up
immediately.

Very odd...

Ryan

Ryan