mintty font test

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Thu May 26 15:54:00 GMT 2011

On 5/25/2011 7:42 PM, Charles Wilson wrote:

> Ok, I redid the screenshots, but this time I made sure to cat the
> xgraphics file again after changig the font.

This is really valuable, Chuck!  I'd already independently settled on
Deja Vu and Lucida Console already based on ad hoc testing, but these
test results give me a objective foundation for that opinion.

(Why Lucida Console given its deficiencies compared to Deja Vu?  It's
more vertically compact, allowing more lines in a window for a given
point size, and I don't seem to have any programs here that need the
missing glyphs.)

If random list members can nominate others for gold stars, I so do. :)

It might be good if this xgraphics file you have were distributed with
mintty in the doc directory, so others can repeat the test on their
system with other fonts.