Cygwin cron does not wake-up the system

gabier gab.net110@orange.fr
Wed Nov 23 14:09:00 GMT 2011

Hi,
I am testing the cron utility, and I created a task which writes the date in
a file evry 10 minutes. After a few problems it runs now, but I have noticed
that the task was not executed when the computer is sleeping, even if it is
not deep sleep (power state is S1 to S3 but deeper sleeping states are not
enabled).
Is there a way to make cron wake up the computer, as it is possible in
windows scheduled tasks, or alternatively, is there a command or a package
something like wake-on-lan but for the computer itself.
Or should I create a fake windows task to wake up the computer before
scheduled cron task ?

:) Gabier