Can't install netCDF4

Tomas Staig tomas.staig@gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 15:17:00 GMT 2011

Edvardsen KÃ¥re wrote:
> I need to install the netCDF4 package which is the Python/numpy
> interface to netCDF
> (see http://code.google.com/p/netcdf4-python/ )
>
> I've tried to install version 0.9.4 and later, but they all give pretty
> much the same error message (attached).
> For me this looks like it is not ment to work under cygwin, but if
> anyone can help me out, I would really appreciate it.
>
> Reards,
> KÃ¥re

I don't really use netCDF, but I read about a similar situation in here:
http://code.google.com/p/netcdf4-python/issues/detail?id=2

So it seems you require the flag '--enable-netcdf-4' when calling the
configure script for netcdf-4 or you haven't installed it at all. I
would recommend reading the building documentation for netcdf4-python
[1] and following the steps in detail. Specifically installing HDF5 and
netcdf-4 before attempting to build netcdf4-python.

Hope it helps,
Tomas.

[1]: http://netcdf4-python.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/README