system mkdir

Fitzy lugtug@gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 20:34:00 GMT 2011

 Hello,
  I have a program which I wrote using Visual Studio 2010, everything
works fine there.
Now I'm trying to get it all running properly under Cygwin.  It is
compiling successfully, but the following does not work:
system("mkdir temp");
I use this to create a temporary directory to which temporary files
are written.  It is then deleted when the program is finished.
 Under VS this command works, under Cygwin it does nothing.  I've
tried various alternatives
"sudo mkdir temp" etc...
 But can't find anything that will programatically create a directory
under Cygwin.

 Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you!