[OT] Re: cygwin started speaking German today
Andrey Repin
anrdaemon@freemail.ru
Thu Oct 6 01:35:00 GMT 2011
Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!
>> IIRC, that discussion occurred before the 'locale' application (was
>> written|got smarter). Sure, I think C.UTF-8 should be the "default
>> default" but the arguments in favor of respecting the users' own Windows
>> i18n settings make sense.
> Does it? Even if I'm running a german OS, I absolutely hate to see
> german diagnostic output from gcc, and I absolutely hate certain
> programs using non-ASCII chars in output. (In)famous examples are
> Unicode quoting chars rather than ' or ", or using the Unicode hyphen
> character rather than -. But that's just me.
Not just you.
We have a team of a developer from greece, a co-developer and tester from
Sweden, former project leader and consultant from USA and a number of
assistants from different other countries.
Indeed, we communicate project details and error reports in English...
Any other language would be inappropriate...
--
WBR,
Andrey Repin (anrdaemon@freemail.ru) 06.10.2011, <05:21>
Sorry for my terrible english...
--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list