Problem redirecting stderr to pipe in subprocess

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 15:42:00 GMT 2011

On 10/11/2011 4:51 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 10/11/2011 9:24 AM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> On 10/11/2011 3:12 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
>>
>>> In addition, the 2011-10-10 snapshot doesn't work well with xterm. When
>>> I start xterm, I see
>>>
>>> bash: cannot set terminal process group (-1): Inappropriate ioctl for
>>> device
>>> bash: no job control in this shell
>>
>> same with today CVS on XP-SP3
>
> Hi Marco,
>
> If you still have the latest from cvs installed (or the latest
> snapshot), would you mind testing the two STCs that I sent earlier in
> the thread?
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2011-10/msg00120.html
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2011-10/msg00122.html
>
> I'd like to know whether the problem is somehow related to my setup.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ken

on mintty and similar on xterm

$ time ./bash-ls1
      11 [main] bash 7820 sig_send: wait for sig_complete event failed,
signal -39, rc 258, Win32 error 0

real    1m0.426s
user    0m0.030s
sys     0m0.015s

$ time ./bash-ls
      11 [main] bash 676 sig_send: wait for sig_complete event failed,
signal -39, rc 258, Win32 error 0

real    1m0.395s
user    0m0.030s
sys     0m0.046s