openssh authentification

Clayton Evans CEvans@joshitech.com
Fri Oct 14 22:02:00 GMT 2011


> > ssh-copy-id requires that password authentication is working, which is 
> > not happening, so I tried manual moving of the files
> 
> Sorry, I obviously overlooked that.
> I assume sshd_config is properly configured to allow public key authentication.
> 
> Have you checked your /etc/passwd and /etc/group files?
> 
> Does the user guide¹ help?
> 
> ¹http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html

I have the default sshd_config.  Doing a ssh localhost on host works, both with password authentication and with public key authentication after running ssh-user-config on the host.  So I would say that yes sshd_config is configured to do public key authentication.

I have looked at /etc/passwd and /etc/group on the host and client machines.  The Sid match for the group and userid that I am using.  Other portions of Cygwin act correctly for my domain userid on both the host and the client machines.  So I think that /etc/passwd and /etc/group are OK.  Is there anything specific I should be checking in these files?

I am off on vacation for a week now, so I will not be able to progress this problem until 24 October 2011.

Clayton Evans


--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple



More information about the Cygwin mailing list