Man and LANG issue.

Oleksandr Gavenko gavenko@bifit.com.ua
Thu Oct 20 11:50:00 GMT 2011

20.10.2011 11:56, Markus Hoenicka пишет:
> Oleksandr Gavenko <gavenko@bifit.com.ua> was heard to say:
>

>> But how about Emacs M-x man? I need write a wrapper and set
>>

> Dunno about the rest, but have you tried M-x woman? This is a man page
> reader implemented in elisp. It may or may not handle language issues
> better than man.

Yes, I use M-x woman for a long time with Cygwin 1.5 when native Emacs
can not correctly invoke Cygwin man...

But some day with Cygwin 1.7 I discover that M-x man properly work so
stop using M-x woman (because of initial load delay to build index of
available man pages).

A few day ago I post my config how to get this:

   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin/129043

    # This allow access to man files from Cygwin and native Emacs
    # (with cygwin-mount.el enabled), M-x man/woman...
    # Take special attention to leading colon.

MANPATH=:/cygdrive/e/home/usr/share/man:/usr/share/man:/usr/local/share/man