gdb problem

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sat Oct 22 20:38:00 GMT 2011

The attached testcase illustrates a problem with `gdb -i=mi'.  I've
tested both gdb 7.3.50-1 and 7.3.50-2, with cygwin 1.7.9 as well as with
several recent snapshots (including 2011-10-22).

Under some circumstances, if gdb -i=mi is started and given several
input lines at once, it only prints part of the output before stopping.
  I've been able to reproduce this once in a while while working
interactively (by copying and pasting the whole bunch of input lines);
in this case one can press Return to get the rest of the output.  But
the problem happens consistently with the attached test case, which runs
gdb in a subprocess.  One has to kill the gdb process before the main
program exits.

The STC runs as expected on Linux.

The particular input lines I gave gdb are precisely those that emacs
sends in the problem I reported in

   http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2011-10/msg00357.html .

I don't know if this is relevant.

Ken