gdb problem
Christopher Faylor
cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please@cygwin.com
Sun Oct 23 19:04:00 GMT 2011
On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 04:37:55PM -0400, Ken Brown wrote:
>The attached testcase illustrates a problem with `gdb -i=mi'. I've
>tested both gdb 7.3.50-1 and 7.3.50-2, with cygwin 1.7.9 as well as with
>several recent snapshots (including 2011-10-22).
>
>Under some circumstances, if gdb -i=mi is started and given several
>input lines at once, it only prints part of the output before stopping.
> I've been able to reproduce this once in a while while working
>interactively (by copying and pasting the whole bunch of input lines);
>in this case one can press Return to get the rest of the output. But
>the problem happens consistently with the attached test case, which runs
>gdb in a subprocess. One has to kill the gdb process before the main
>program exits.
>
>The STC runs as expected on Linux.
Thanks for the STC. I had to tweak it to actually see how it was supposed
to work on Linux since only a limited number of lines from the pty were
being output. I've included the revised test case below.
I made a simple change to Cygwin which will probably cause subtle
problems somewhere down the line. At least for now it seems to make gdb
operate as expected.
I'm building a new snapshot now.
cgf
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: gdbstc.cc
Type: text/x-c
Size: 1714 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20111023/9f893749/attachment.bin>
-------------- next part --------------
--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list