General question on the status of named pipes
Nathan Thern
nthern@gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 12:51:00 GMT 2011
I have several scripts that use named pipes for the purpose of
processing sound files. I use them on both linux and cygwin. After the
switch to cygwin1.7 I converted most of them to the use of tempfiles.
Nevertheless, when encountering old scripts in my archives or when
trying to create efficient new scripts I find myself wishing named
pipes still worked; they are one of the more powerful unix-ish
paradigms.
What's the status/priority of getting named pipes to work in 1.7? And,
just for curiosity's sake, what was the fundamental change in 1.7 that
caused them to stop working? -- They worked great in 1.5.
Cygwin is a great tool, and I'm constantly grateful for it's existence.
regards,
NT
--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list