gdb 7.3.50-2 crash

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Oct 27 12:11:00 GMT 2011


On 10/16/2011 7:01 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
> gdb 7.3.50-2 crashes with a segfault if a file is loaded and the
> following two command lines are sent:
>
> server interpreter mi "-file-list-exec-source-files"
> server list

I don't know if it helps, but I've modified the STC from 
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2011-10/msg00472.html to apply to the 
present problem.  I had to uncomment the sleep (1) to get it to run 
properly on my Linux system.  I also made the STC run "gdb --annotate=3" 
even though the crash occurs with just "gdb", because that's how gdb is 
run by emacs in the situation that led to this bug report.

The STC assumes that you have hello.exe in the current directory.

$ cat > hello.c << EOF
#include <stdio.h>

int
main ()
{
  printf("Hello, world!\n");
  return 0;
}
EOF

$ gcc -g -o hello hello.c

Ken
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: gdbsegv.cc
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20111027/b72a8908/attachment.cc>
-------------- next part --------------
--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple


More information about the Cygwin mailing list