gdb cygutils:/bin/mkshortcut.exe

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Oct 27 16:39:00 GMT 2011

On 10/27/2011 9:16 AM, Regid Ichira wrote:
>    I have a problem with /bin/mkshortcut.exe from the cygutils package.  It was mentioned here
> a few days ago.  The list archive has records of a similar problem from about a year and a
> half ago.
>    I am considering trying to run it under gdb.  I guess that the shortest way to add debugging
> symbols to the executable is to build the entire cygutils package without stripping it.
>    Is there a simpler way to add debugging information only to mkshortcut.exe?
> What packages are required?

/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/cygutils.README tells you what's needed to build
cygutils.

An alternative to building cygutils would be to improve your original
problem report so that you might be more likely to get help on this
list.  For example, you wrote "By running those commands manually, I
think the problem is the last, /bin/mkshortcut, line."  But you didn't
say what happened when you ran that command manually.  You also didn't
attach the cygcheck output requested at

   http://cygwin.com/problems.html

Ken