More on Cygwin package naming

Mon Sep 5 03:47:00 GMT 2011

On 9/4/2011 11:15 PM, Luke Kendall wrote:
> It would be /nice/ if someone could confirm that the upstream project name
> is used for the @-names, or at least that cygwin does not use any existing
> Freshmeat project name and apply it to different software.

FWIW, I think it's fair to say that there is a convention of using the
upstream project name for the @-names.  But as with all conventions, there
are variations used when called for.  I think it's fair to say that the
last part of your statement is true but I also couldn't guarantee that it
will always be.

--
Larry