How do I run a program compiled in cygwin from a program that is running in a Windows CMD shell?

LMH lmh_users-groups@molconn.com
Thu Sep 15 17:28:00 GMT 2011

I am a bit confused as to the role of perl here. I have compiled under
cygwin g++ for a long time now and don't run into problems. Are you
using the -mno-cygwin flag in your compile rules? I have two processes,
where one is a child of the the processed that gets launched, but both
are in c. Maybe it is better to address your issue in the c part of the
application, possibly create a little c launcher app that will create
the behavior you need.

Whether you run your c widget from win cmd, bash, call if from perl
python, etc, shouldn't really make any difference.

Maybe I need to dig into your post a bit more.

LMH