argp?

Andrew Schulman schulman.andrew@epamail.epa.gov
Wed Sep 21 20:38:00 GMT 2011

> cpio borrows argp from gnulib, and in gnulib, argp is GPL (because it
> has some improvements over glibc) but maintains sync with glibc fixes.

Thanks for the pointers.  I just looked in gnulib, and it shows argp as
LGPL.  I can import it using gnulib-tool --lgpl.

I see that I could just import argp from gnulib into my program source, but
my program is actually pretty simple and it seems silly to have its code
dominated by argp.  So I think I'd still rather package libargp separately,
to simplify my code and make it easier for others who may want to use it.