[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygutils-1.4.10-2
Mon Apr 16 12:12:00 GMT 2012
Cygutils is a collection of useful(?) tools for the cygwin
platform. This is a content update and feature enhancement.
[[ compiled using gcc-4.5.3-3 ]]
CHANGES (from cygutils-1.4.10-1)
* fix bug where readshortcut --raw was always "on"
* corrected longstanding issue with lpr printer name normalization
* readshortcut now handles embedded "windows" environment variables
PREVIOUS CHANGES (from cygutils-1.4.8-1)
* getclip and putclip now support new cygwin-1.7.13+ clipboard format.
* cygstart now supports file:// and mailto: URLs (Yaakov Selkowitz)
* Added -R/--raw option to readshortcut (prevents expanding embedded
environment variables within paths). Reported by Denis Excoffier.
* mkshortcut, readshortcut and lpr now use cygwin-1.7 path conversion
functions rather than deprecated ones. However, they make only
minimal concessions to unicode, and operate mostly on narrow character
encoded pathnames. They should now be able to handle "long" pathnames
TODO (call for patches):
* Update (some?) utilities to handle unicode filenames, similar to
IWAMURO Motonori's work on cygstart. Which utilities need this?
mkshortcut and lpr, probably. Any others?
volunteer cygutils maintainer for cygwin
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to
your system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is
available starting at this URL.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin