Attempting Gedit install on Cygwin

Mitchell, Tim tgmitchell@samc.org
Wed Aug 1 17:31:00 GMT 2012

Hey Cygwin gurus,

I'm on day 4 of my attempted install of Gedit-3.2.6 and  my frustration
has surpassed my fear of asking the "stupid question".
Is this even possible? My OS is Windows 7 Pro and I'm running Cygwin
version :
$ cygcheck -V
cygcheck (cygwin) 1.7.15
System Checker for Cygwin

I haven't read anything on "the Web" that leads to me to believe that
this is an impossible endeavor.
I've downloaded the gedit-3.2.6.tar, unpacked/extracted it and run the
Configure file.
After numerous attempts and after adding XML:: Perl Parsers, adding
intltool-0.50.2 and Expat 2.1.0 plus anything else it asked for,
I am now being told that required packages are missing, them being:
gtksourceview-3.0
libpeas-1.0
libpeas-gtk-1.0

The above packages I did not find under the Cygwin package list. I was
able to find, download and configure  gtksourceview-3.0
but it still comes up missing when I re-run the gedit configure. I found
libpeas-1.4.0 but have not been able to configure it.

If someone could point me in the right direction I'd be most grateful.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Mitchell
Web Application Developer