1.7.16: problem with CTRL+C and CTRL+Z

Rob Siklos cygwin@siklos.ca
Tue Aug 21 19:09:00 GMT 2012

Hi Cygwin List,

I've read some messages on this topic, but haven't been able to find a
resolution to my problem.

Here's what I'm doing at the bash prompt:

$ /c/Windows/system32/ping.exe -t cygwin.com

The result is an endless ping trace - as expected.

The problem is that I have no way of stopping this command.  Here is
what I've tried:
   1) CTRL+C: does nothing
   2) CTRL+Z: does nothing
   3) CTRL+Break: Prints the text "Control-Break" in the output, but
doesn't exit the ping process (expected, since it behaves the same way
when running under cmd.exe).

I would expect CTRL+C to stop the process (the way it does when
running under cmd.exe).

I would also expect CTRL+Z to suspend the process, so that I could
then manage it with "bg" and "fg".

I first noticed something was weird because when I upgraded cygwin
CTRL+C stopped working (i.e. had no effect) when pressed in the middle
of an "msbuild.exe" run.  Previously, this caused msbuild to stop.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rob.