TexLive's ConTeXt runtime error..

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Wed Aug 22 20:25:00 GMT 2012

Wynfield Henman writes:
> I reinstalled all cygwin zlib modules and the problem persisted.  The
> only zlib I found was the cygwin installed one.  Since it is POSIX
> compliant and TeXLive installs with it it shouldn't be a problem, I
> should think.  But, there is one due to, pdftex I think.

The file to look for is the zlib.h header file.

>>> This results in: "PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API
>>>                          (zlib library version does not match -
>>> header: 1.2.5, library: 1.2.7)"

The Lua component of ConTeX has been compiled with a 1.2.5 header file.
If you didn't have that version installed at the time you compiled
TeXlive, then there must be another zlib.h, probably delivered with
TeXlive.  You need to configure the build to use Cygwins zlib.h instead.

Achim.