Updated: emacs*-24.2.90-1 (TEST)

Achim Gratz Stromeko@NexGo.DE
Mon Dec 3 09:45:00 GMT 2012

Ken Brown <kbrown <at> cornell.edu> writes:
> Thanks to the efforts of Daniel Colascione, there is also a new package
>
> *** emacs-w32-24.2.90-1,
>
> again a test release, for users who want to use the native Windows GUI
> for display.

Great stuff.  Many thanks to Daniel and you for providing this.

> This release is a pretest for the upcoming emacs-24.3.  It contains
> bugfixes as well as new features.  In particular, the bug reported in
>
>    http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-10/msg00375.html
>
> has been fixed,

Works great for me so far.  Thank you!

> and the Cygwin build of emacs-nox.exe now has mouse
> support, as requested in
>
>    http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-10/msg00027.html

Are there some special settings to make this useable in mintty?  I've been
trying to move the cursor around in a dired, but obviously it doesn't recognize
this yet.

> In this release, for the first time, I've been able to build Cygwin's
> emacs-X11 with all of the upstream defaults.  In particular, the build
> uses GTK+-3 instead of GTK+-2, and it supports GNOME's GSettings and
> GConf features.

Would it be possible to build emacs-X11 without Gtk and provide emacs-Gtk as an
additional package, like some Linux distributions do?

Regards,
Achim.