[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: bzr 2.6+b2-1 -- Python based distributed version control (DVCS)

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sun Dec 9 19:10:00 GMT 2012

On 12/8/2012 6:06 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 12/6/2012 1:31 PM, Jari Aalto wrote:
>> As of 2012-11-15 the future of this software is uncertain as the
>> current development has stagnated. All the lead developers have left
>> Canonical (the project owner). You might want to consider migrating to
>> other alternative DVCS software, like Git or Mercurial, in a long term.
>
> bzr provides a "fastimport" plugin that can be used to carry out the
> migration
> (http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/plugins/en/fastimport-plugin.html).
> Some Linux distributions provide this plugin as a separate package.  Are
> you interested in doing that for Cygwin?

I went ahead and packaged it myself for my own use.  I'm attaching my
.cygport file in case you want to use it.  I'm also attaching the
.cygport for python-fastimport, which is needed by bzr-fastimport.

I can ITP these myself if you don't want to.  Just let me know.

Ken