"can't commit memory for stack" error with cygpath

Tue Dec 18 17:55:00 GMT 2012

On 12/18/2012 9:31 AM, Wojtek Lisowski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> During the compilation of my library using MSVC the
> "child_info_fork::abort: can't commit memory for stack 0x28A000(90112),
> Win32 error 487" occured.
> I have run rebase and I do not have any of the known software on BLODA.
>
> I have isolated the issue to the simple makefile that calls "cygpath
> -wa" on each object file to get the its Windows form.
> When the number of files passed in for loop to cygpath is lower, it
> works fine.
>
> The makefile and the cygcheck output are attached for reference.

I couldn't reproduce the problem you had with this makefile.  That suggests
to me that there is some unknown BLODA on your system.  I have 2
suggestions:

    1. Trim your path to those essential for Cygwin and Windows operation.
    2. Stop all non-essential services (Cygwin and Windows).

Try again in this configuration.

--
Larry