IBM ssh gateway

Wed Feb 1 13:43:00 GMT 2012

On 01/02/2012 5:46 AM, Guy Harrison wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Can anyone help interpret this? I am fairly certain the problem lies with
> IBM but I am no crypto expert. Is (for instance) the server rejecting the
> connection because (say) it does not understand ECDSA? Unfortunately I do
> not have an older instance of cygwin ssh to try that theory out. The
> failure is recent. I upgraded my cygwin instances over xmas.
>
> My primary concern is that the latter (linux) connection (after ~~~) may
> fail after a future upgrade.
I would definitely check with your local network security folks. When I
was last at IBM I had trouble connecting from a certain machine -- just
that one -- and nobody could figure out why. Finally, it turned out that
I had a lot of locales installed and the long list of supported
languages announced by my ssh client triggered some firewall rule.

Meanwhile, have you tried using `ssh -i' with a different key type? That
should clarify whether it's an ECDSA issue, at least.

Ryan