Documentation on -mno-cygwin Accuracy

carolus worwor@bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 7 16:14:00 GMT 2012

On 2/6/2012 5:05 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:

> The -mno-cygwin flag is still handled by gcc3, but that is deprecated
> and may be removed at any time.  The officially supported way to
> build such apps is to use the appropriate mingw or mingw64
> cross-compiler.

Is there an easy procedure that is equivalent
to the old -mno-cygwin (suitable for a dumb engineer who is not a
programmer and knows nothing about cross-compilation)? -mno-cygwin was a
very handy way to distribute a cygwin fortran executable to non-cywin
users without having to include cygwin1.dll (which I think is not
exactly legal).