Documentation on -mno-cygwin Accuracy

carolus worwor@bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 7 22:14:00 GMT 2012

> There's the usual misconception about the GPL.  If you create an
> application which is linked against the Cygwin DLL (or any other GPLed
> library), but you only use the application in-house, there's no reason
> at all to distribute the source code to your collegues.  If one of them
> really wants it, he can always ask you, right?  Only if you provide the
> binaries to customers or to the world in some way, you are supposed to
> provide the sources codes as well in a GPL-compatible way.

In a publication I have offered to furnish on request the source code
and windows executable for a program that I personally run under cygwin.
  Don't I have to use mingw for the publicly distributed version, or
else bundle the executable with cygwin source code?   As I understand,
simply providing a link to the cygwin web site does not satisfy the license.