STC for libapr1 failure

Mon Feb 20 14:19:00 GMT 2012

On Feb 18 13:51, David Rothenberger wrote:

> >> That sounds pretty close to what the APR test case is doing, as far as I
> >> understand.

> >> I got to work at my real job all last night, so couldn't extract the STC
> >> from the APR test suite. But, here's the test in APR-ese in case you're
> >> interested. I'll remove the APRisms as soon as I can to get you another
> >> test case.
>
> I've extracted the test case, which is attached.
>
> I must humbly apologize. The test case was actually using fcntl() for
> file locking, not flock(). I got thrown off by the name of the test:
> "testflock". It seems APR prefers fcntl() for file locking if available.
>
> The attached test works fine for me on Linux, but fails on Cygwin
> starting with the 20120215 snapshot.

As always, thanks for the testcase.  I think I found the problem.  It's
hard to explain if you don;t know how the code works, but it boils down
to the fact that my last round of patches back in August were not
actually fixing the problem, but only working around it.  I'm hopeful
that I got it right this time.  I'm just generating a new snapshot.
Please give it another hit with the APR testsuite.

Thanks again,
Corinna

Red Hat