Change to passwd in cygwin-1.7.10-1 breaks ssh-host-config

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Wed Feb 22 21:35:00 GMT 2012

> On Feb 22 09:48, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>>> Cool, thanks.  Additionally I added the -v option back to passwd so
>>> that older csih scripts don't fail either for that reason.  It's
>>> not visible in the usage but passwd diligently prints the version
>>> information.  I've just generated a snapshot which contains this
>>> change.  See the latest snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/
>> What's the status of this? I saw this error too but I assumed it was
>> because the machine I was on had two different versions of Cygwin.
>> Checking my personal machine, on which I only have one version of
>> Cygwin - 1.7.10, I have the call to passwd -v in
>> /usr/share/csih/cygwin-service-installation-helper.sh. Also:
>>
>> $ cygcheck -c csih
>> Cygwin Package Information
>> Package              Version        Status
>> csih                 0.9.4-1        OK
> There was no new announcement for csih, right?  So you can safely
> assume that nothing new happened.  0.9.5-1 is still in the "test"
> category, so you don't get it by default, but you can download it via
> setup.exe for testing.
>
> Since there was no new Cygwin release, you can just as safely assume
> that the change is only available in the developer snapshots.  Just
> give it a try.
I'm trying to update the Cygwin environment for my client and want to
get to the latest version. But this one obviously has at least this bug.
So they said I should get 1.7.9 as it's more stable. How would I do
that? From what I've read briefly you just toggle the previous button
but that's like for each package. I tried going to the previous version
for this csih and the bug exists there too. So how exactly would I
download a consistent set of Cygwin packages for 1.7.9?
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
What is a "free" gift ? Aren't all gifts free?