gitk fails to start after updating cygwin

Matt Seitz (matseitz) matseitz@cisco.com
Fri Feb 24 22:43:00 GMT 2012

"Larry Hall (Cygwin)" wrote:

> Nobody that doesn't need or want it has to install the X-Server.  If
> one uses gitk though, one has now moved into the category of
"need/want
> the X-Server" if one wasn't already in that category. ;-)

Well, they certainly will need/want AN X-Server.  But I thought
Corrina's point was that in some cases that X-Server does not have to be
the Cygwin xorg-server (could be a different local X-Server, or even a
remote X-Server).

My question is:  are there enough gitk users who would need/want the
Cygwin xorg-server that it would be worth installing xorg-server by
default when installing gitk, even though some gitk users may not
actually need the Cygwin xorg-server?