gitk fails to start after updating cygwin

Mike Kaganski mikekaganski@gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 23:38:00 GMT 2012

25.02.2012 9:53, Larry Hall (Cygwin) пишет:
> On 2/24/2012 5:43 PM, Matt Seitz (matseitz) wrote:
>> My question is: are there enough gitk users who would need/want the
>> Cygwin xorg-server that it would be worth installing xorg-server by
>> default when installing gitk, even though some gitk users may not
>> actually need the Cygwin xorg-server?
>
> I would be for adding Cygiwn's xorg-server as a dependency for any
> package that needs an X-Server to be generally useful.

Probably xorg-server could be made a conditional dependency (not sure if
cygwin supports these), e.g. triggered by a registry value or env
setting, and it could be enabled by default, while some users could
configure it to tell the installer that they use some external X-Server?

--
Best regards, Mike.