GCC fatal error: can't open /tmp/ccc6IHTT.s for writing

Paul Keir paul@codeplay.com
Mon Feb 27 16:58:00 GMT 2012

Thanks Dave, it's fixed. It looks like the problem was the cygwin1.dll
in C:\Windows\SYSTEM. I have no idea why that was there. (I am not the
first to use this machine.)

As a precaution I have also removed
C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\home\apps\gcc-4.7-20120128\bin from my PATH. I had
built it with --program-suffix=-4.7, but the following potentially
conflicting files remain there with their names untouched:

cyggfortran-3.dll
cygssp-0.dll
cygstdc++-6.dll

Thanks again.