Recent upgrade to wish leads to a problem

Wed Feb 29 09:28:00 GMT 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 08:24 +0000, Fergus wrote:
> OK, thanks. I'm really miserable about this advance which has messed
> badly with my preferred MO (amongst other things, not using X).

The old 8.4 win32 tcl/tk was unmaintained and broken in many ways, as
discussed at length on these lists, and now it is gone and isn't coming
back.  There is no way to keep the 8.4 version because it would conflict
with the 8.5 version now used by everything in the distro, and you can't
mix-and-match these.

Here's my advice: it would be a better use of your time to install xinit
and accustom yourself to the wonders of X rather than hopelessly trying
to find a way to continue living in the past.

Yaakov