Fwd: CRLF

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Mon Jan 2 04:21:00 GMT 2012

On 01/01/2012 12:45 AM, Franz Fehringer wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
>
> What is this "interesting workaround"?
> Most probably we will use bash with "set -o igncr" btw.

Actually I hadn't heard about set -o igncr until this thread but
thinking about it I wouldn't use it. If I did then things would "just
work" for me. Problem is I'm very good with Cygwin but I come across
others who very often do not invest as much time to get to know Cygwin.
So if there's trailing CRs in a script I want it to fail so that I see
it. Otherwise another user will say "I tried that but it didn't work"
(as they always do) and I don't want it to "just work" when I try it - I
want it to fail like it most liked did for the other guy.

When I hit this problem I simply do d2u <file> and I'm done.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for