Problem with gethostid

Yuri Gribov tetra2005@googlemail.com
Sun Jan 22 13:53:00 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I have some problems with gethostid functions. When I run it on some
nodes of my cluster I get the same return value although hostnames and
IP addresses are different. Here are the logs for 2 nodes (test
program is in the attach, as well as cygcheck output).

C:\Users\gribov.y>\\s-cw-head\pgas\a.exe
hostname = S-CW-NODE52
hostent:
h_name = S-CW-NODE52.XXX
address: 10.2.0.48
address: 192.168.80.1
address: 192.168.169.1
id = 364106303 15b3d23f

C:\Users\gribov.y>\\s-cw-head\pgas\a.exe
hostname = S-CW-NODE53
hostent:
h_name = S-CW-NODE53.XXX
address: 10.2.0.56
address: 192.168.93.1
address: 192.168.244.1
id = 364106303 15b3d23f

Note that ids are equal although IP addresses are clearly different.

Some details:
1) I have replaced my domain name with XXX.
2) I run my program outside of Cygwin environment (i.e. not in bash);
not sure whether it's important

Has anyone seen this before? This may be due to some misconfig of my
cluster but I'm not sure what I should check.

--
Best regards,
Yuri