YA call for snapshot testing

Shaddy Baddah lithium-cygwin@shaddybaddah.name
Sun Jan 22 20:46:00 GMT 2012

Hi,

On 23/01/12 06:33, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 08:11:18PM +0100, marco atzeri wrote:

>>> Could you try the latest snapshot?
>>
>> snapshots 20120122 07:28:45 seems to have solved the issue
>
> Looks like my guess was correct.  I added refence counting to Cygwin's
> inaptly-named fhandler structures recently to work around a problem
> where a signal handler closed an fd while it was in the middle of a
> read.  This caused the memory associated with an fd to be deleted only
> when the last thing referencing it was done with it.
>
> The very odd thing was that my implementation seemed to work right from
> the beginning.  That has made me wonder what I got wrong.  What I got
> wrong was the dup*() family of functions.  If you dup a fd its reference
> counter was not reset so the memory associated with it was not deleted.
> Duh.
>
> Thanks for confirming.

Yes, I doubly confirm. All good now. Thanks for fixing this. Hopefully
no more stoppers to a triumphant 1.7.10 release.

And I can confirm a couple of other things. I encounter fewer
fork/rebase issues with this release.

And as per Corinna's call to test from a little while back,
vboxsharedfolderfs still seems to work without any breakage.

--
Thanks again,
Shaddy