1.7.9 : date command fails for year 1900

Tue Jan 24 10:20:00 GMT 2012

On Jan 24 11:00, cygwin wrote:
> I want to thank everybody that responded.  It looks like you don't
> think this is a bug. Given that date seems to work as I expect on SL
> 6.0, I would like to make a feature request: "Fix the date command
> to actually respond with the date"

It's not date's problem.  The reason is that time_t is defined as 32 bit
type for historical reasons.  We would have to redefine time_t to 64 bit
and change all time_t releated libc entry points in Cygwin to get this
working, but this is not a simple task.  And it only affects executables
which are recompiled under the new settings.

But maybe it's really time to do it for Cygwin 1.7.11...

Corinna

Red Hat