best way to re-install and keep cygwin configuration

LMH lmh_users-groups@molconn.com
Thu Jul 12 21:04:00 GMT 2012

If you do the old standard,

mkpasswd -l > /etc/passwd
mkgroup -l > /etc/group

will that take care of it, or would I need to delete what is in those
directories now first?

The location of the cygwin directory will be the same. Is there a list
of the windows registry entries for cygwin? I will not want to re-import
the entire regisrry, so it would be nice to be able to make up a little
batch file that would just insert the entries related to cygwin.

LMH