cygheap base mismatch detected

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Wed Jul 18 19:03:00 GMT 2012

On 7/18/2012 11:38 AM, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>> Odd. Somebody seems to have put something in my Views directory - a
>> directory I normally use for Clearcase views. But what's in there is not a
>> Clearcase view! And it contained several cygwin1.dll's. So I blew it way.
>> Sorry for the confusion...
> IIRC, Clearcase is one of the vendors that distributes a proprietary
> licensed version of the Cygwin DLL.  If I'm correct it would be
> intentional and the correct action to have taken would be to remove
> the Clearcase directory from PATH.
Having working with Clearcase software since ~94 I can insure you that
Clearcase is 1) not a vendor (it's a product from IBM/Rational now,
Rational Software before, Pure Software before and Atria initially,
derived from Apollo Workstation's DSEE) and 2) does not distribute any
copies of Cygwin anything...

When I said "my Views directory" I meant a directory named Views that I
created and shared to put my Clearcase views in. It isn't even a
directory that comes as a result of installing Clearcase nor is it in
the PATH.

No, something else happened... I assure you.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.