AW: setup.exe fails on Windows 7 - please help

Paul Maier svn-user@web.de
Sun Jul 22 00:03:00 GMT 2012

> > Hi,
> >
> > setup.exe brings hundreds of identical popups with error message:
> >
> > bash.exe:
> > The application could not be started (0xc000000d).  *)
> >
> > All the .exe files are there in the bin folder, but when I double click on bash.exe or
> any other .exe,
> > I get the same message.
> >
> > Only ps.exe works normally.
> >
> > Cygwin worked without problem for a year on the same machine.
> >
> > I had completely deleted the folder D:\program\cygwin from my drive and started over,
> but it's the same.
> >
> > Thank you for any help!
> >
> > Regards,
> >   Paul
> >

> > *): original German text: Die Anwendung konnte nicht korrekt gestartet werden
> (0xc000000d).

> Very weird, 0xC000000D is "Invalid parameter".  I would guess that you
> have a BLODA problem:
>
> http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda

Hi!

thank you, this is solved now. It took me _hours_ of debugging.
I found a copy of cygwin1.dll in an other directory.

Feature request:
Would it take long to add a check at the beginning of setup.exe, that looks for orphaned copies of cygwin1.dll?
And if so, ask the user if setup.exe should be aborted or continued on user's risk.

setup.exe runs approx. 3 hours plus 4 hours of debugging.
-> Such a check can save 1 day.

Greetings,
  Paul