automatically using pipe_byte for certain EXE's

Adam Dinwoodie Adam.Dinwoodie@metaswitch.com
Thu Jul 26 18:25:00 GMT 2012

Noel Grandin wrote:
>Is there any way to trigger the pipe_byte option for certain executables?
>I'm trying to avoid having to dig around inside the hugely complex-
>LibreOffice build scripts.

I'm not sure I follow what you're after. You want Cygwin to recognize when it's
setting up a pipe involving a specific executable, and to set that up as if it
were using byte pipes rather than message pipes?

I would imagine that would be difficult-to-impossible, for the same reason as
trying to work out whether an executable links into cygwin1.dll. See cgf's
explanation here: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-05/msg00192.html