Performance problems with emacs-X11 in current cygwin (attn: glib and gvim maintainer)

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Jun 1 18:39:00 GMT 2012

On 6/1/2012 7:00 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
> I found an XP system that hadn't been upgraded in a few weeks, and I
> upgraded libglib2.0_0 but nothing else. This was enough to trigger the
> problem.

I've checked the git repository for glib at

   http://git.gnome.org/browse/glib/log/?h=glib-2-32

and there were very few changes between 2.32.2 and 2.32.3.  The only one
that looks to me like it could have anything to do with our problem is
the 2012-05-14 change to GConverterInputStream.  The change appears to
be a pretty obvious bug fix, but I can imagine a scenario in which
fixing the bug would result in the symptoms we're seeing.

I'm not going to speculate further until I can get access to an XP
system to do some testing.  Or maybe someone who uses XP regularly will
beat me to it.

Ken