HOWTO: cross-compile the Linux kernel on Cygwin

Tue Jun 12 16:49:00 GMT 2012

On 12/06/2012 12:34 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> On 6/12/2012 9:17 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 10:31:59PM -0500, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>>> Prerequisites:
>>> [snip]
>>
>> Nice, Yaakov.
>
> Indeed, this is a real cool addition to Cygwin's capabilities Yaakov.
> :-)
>
>> Should we make this a FAQ entry or even a separate cygwin web page?
>
> Probably doesn't quite meet the FAQ requirement but a link to
> documentation
> about this feature would be great.  We could open up a new "HOWTO"
> category under "Documentation" maybe?

BWAM: add an entry to /usr/share/doc/ with all the details, then update
the web docs to mention only that linux kernel cross-compiles are
possible under Cygwin. Then sit back and wait for the mailing list to be
flooded by eager kernel developers who didn't search the mailing list
archives before posting >:)

(kidding! online documentation is always a good thing)

Ryan