Map uid/gid of SMB share to local account?

René Berber r.berber@computer.org
Fri Jun 15 22:09:00 GMT 2012

On 6/15/2012 3:18 PM, Ryan Johnson wrote:

> `mkpasswd` and `mkpasswd -l -U0-20000' produce the same output (neither
> includes the SMB user); the drive is mapped in Windows as z: and I can
> also access it directly from the cygwin prompt.

No, there was a message from Corinna that showed the correct use (I only
used it, and was impressed):

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin/103541/match=mkpasswd+unix

>> same for SAMBA/CIFS, /usr/lib/smb.conf :
>>
>> guest account = nobody
>>
> Just to be clear, that's supposed to be on my cygwin (guest) side? I
> thought that file controlled the server's behavior... and I don't have
> admin rights on the server side.

No.  smb.conf is the Samba configuration file, in the server.
--
René Berber