Cygwin unstable as hell on Windows7 64bit‏

Ryan Johnson ryan.johnson@cs.utoronto.ca
Tue Jun 19 12:05:00 GMT 2012


On 19/06/2012 6:55 AM, Fedin Pavel wrote:
> On 19.06.2012 14:50, Gerard H. Pille wrote:
>> Since my system was replaced by one running Windows 7 on an Intel 
>> Core I5, I may call myself lucky if I can work for an hour.
> Works fine here. May be your hardware is flaky ? RAM for example... 
> Cygwin loads up the system quite well, especially upon fork().
>
That or a particularly virulent BLODA... The fact that shells crash 
while idle hints strongly that the blame lies outside Cygwin; if other 
random apps (particularly the memory hogs like web browsers and email 
clients) aren't crashing, that points to BLODA rather than bad RAM. I'd 
also do a virus scan: some malware monitors the process list and kills 
anything it thinks might be used to detect or attack it; command prompts 
usually rank high on the hit list.

(I'm running 64-bit win7 on a core I5 without troubles for the last 18 
months or so)

Ryan


--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple



More information about the Cygwin mailing list