cygwin 1.7.15: svn disk I/O error

Rolf Campbell rcampbell-cygwin@dragonwaveinc.com
Tue Jun 19 19:24:00 GMT 2012


On 2012-06-19 05:29, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
> Rolf Campbell wrote:
>> $ svn up
>> Updating '.':
>> svn: E200030: disk I/O error, executing statement 'RELEASE   s6'
>> svn: E200030: sqlite: unable to open database file
>> svn: E200030: sqlite: unable to open database file
>>
>> $ svn cleanup
>> svn: E200030: disk I/O error, executing statement 'RELEASE   s79'
>>
>> <snip>
>
> I've had the same problem, and have found a solution: this appears for me to be an interaction with TortoiseSVN, which I have on my machine and which is entirely unaware of Cygwin.
> Disabling TortoiseSVN's icon cache has completely resolved the issue for me. You can do this by running TortoiseSVN's Settings program, going to "Icon Overlays", and selecting "None" under "Status cache", then hitting Apply.
> That may explain why Rolf's been hitting this despite apparently having no AV installed.
> Adam

That's a very interesting discovery.  I certainly am using TortoiseSVN. 
  There must be some interaction between the most recent version of 
sqlite and TortoiseSVN's status scanner.  I've been playing around with 
sqlite versions and I've confirmed what others have stated that it's 
only a problem with v3.7.12.1 and NOT a problem with v3.7.3.

I've upgraded back to v3.7.12.1 and disabled TortoiseSVN's icon scanner. 
  It appears to resolve the problem for me as well.

I would hate to add TortoiseSVN to the BLODA.


--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple



More information about the Cygwin mailing list